A look at the mocks

This time next week, the Sabres will have some shiny new faces scrambling about, packing their bags for a visit to Western New York for their initial Sabres Prospects Camp. With the annual harvest commencing on Friday, let's comb the web to see who some of the other sites think the Sabres will be selecting with their picks. MyNHLDraft.com 13 - Luca Sbisa 26 - Joe Colborne Hockey.com 13 - Luca Sbisa 26 - Jake Gardiner NHLDraftSite.com 13 - Colten Teubert 26 - Viktor Tikhonov 44- Brett Theberge 74 - Jacob DeSerres 104 - Geordie Wudrick 134 - Philip Riefers 164 - Soren Sturm Future Considerations 13 - Joshua Bailey 26 - Mikhail Stefanovich HFBoards Moderator Two-Round 13 - Luca Sbisa 26 - Aaron Ness 44 - Luke Adam HockeysFuture Radio 13 - Joe Colborne 26 - Jacob Markstrom Going Five Hole 13 - Cody Hodgson 26 - Jacob Markstrom ESPN 13 - Colten Teubert Hockey Trade Rumors 13 - Luke Schenn 26 - A.J. Jenks Draft Nation 13 - Luca Sbisa 26 - Jacob Markstom SabresProspects agrees with Sbisa at #13, but is having a hard time understanding why anyone would have them picking a goaltender at #26. This draft is stacked at the skating positions, and with Enroth in the fold it would be fair to give Eidsness and Eno another season to show their wares before adding another high pick to the stable. See another Mock Draft? Feel free to add it to the comments section.

BGM
Sunday, June 15, 2008 ×

Nice. I like seeing the compliation; it really gives a good feel for where everybody is leaning toward.

gaf
Sunday, June 15, 2008 ×

So Bakes, what'cha think? Sabres going to move Max + to move up in the draft or obtain more pics??

Sunday, June 15, 2008 ×

Regier should be calling Phoenix to see about some of those second rounders. The Yotes have #s 35 (thanks to Wheeler), 38, 39, and 49. I'll take a package - even if it's 39 and 49.

Regier obtained Hecht for #s 31 and 37 six years ago. I suppose this is a little different, as Max only has one year left on his deal before becoming UFA, but still...

I'm going to be confused if 61 is still on the roster after Saturday.

impress
Sunday, June 15, 2008 ×

this website has a scouting report on Sbisa.

well a scouting video and i think it does a much better job at showing just how skilled this twoway defensemen is. i am aboard. there is just not enough highly rated offense around our pick.

Teubert seems like he has a little kalinin in him.

the video of bailey makes him seem like an ultra consertative defense first/ setup guy. (kind of like paile)

i like Wilson and he is worth moving up for.

Monday, June 16, 2008 ×

What route are we likely to go if Sbisa is not available, in regards to both the position and player we take at 13? What are the most likely scenarios involving a trade with Max?

Monday, June 16, 2008 ×

Despite guys like Cody Hodgson and Josh Bailey being available, I can see the Sabres looking hard at players like Mattias Tedenby and Zac Dalpe as well.

However, I keep hearing how the Sabres like Kyle Beach. If they don't go D (preferably Sbisa in that scenario), I think they take the highest potential impact if Beach is on the board.

His initials are KB so he can't be that bad.

Monday, June 16, 2008 ×

Impress, I agree with your assessment of Bailey~Paille. I'm a huge Paille guy, but I'd like the Sabres to go with Beach or Tedenby if they don't want to grab a guy like Sbisa.

I'm 50/50 on Wilson. I like him as a player, but I think he's starting to get overhyped because he was such a stud at the combine workouts. He's not the guy I want if the Sabres move up - it's Bogo.

Still, I think it's Sbisa or Beach with the first pick - wherever it lands.

Monday, June 16, 2008 ×

Mckenzie has Tedenby at 26.There isn't any real chance of that is there? I have this image of Boedker @ 13,Tedenby @ 26, and Maxime Sauve @ 44?

Imagine those 3 flying around the ice. Wishfull thinking.

Monday, June 16, 2008 ×

I like Boedker a bunch. Fast, skilled. Make him play the right side opposite Vanek. He can't fall past #8-9 though. I have no idea why he'd slip.

I think the Habs will snag Sauve with their first if they don't roll it on Stefanovich.

McKenzie knows his stuff no doubt, but I'm not sure about Tedenby lasting that long. He's a pretty strong prospect - perhaps a better bet than a guy like Teubert. If Tedenby goes to #26, it's a size bias and nothing else. I'd snag him faster than you can say Virta.

Chainshot
Monday, June 16, 2008 ×

HF's staff mock has them taking Kirill Petrov and Yann Sauve

chainshot
Monday, June 16, 2008 ×

"Regier should be calling Phoenix to see about some of those second rounders. "

Starting to come around, eh KB? ;)

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 ×

I wouldn't necessarily hate Petrov and Sauve. That's how good this draft is. People nitpick these guys so damn much.

With 61 and PHX, I'm not sure what I'm coming around to. I've been a proponent of dealing him for more than a few seasons.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 ×

I'm hoping the Sabres do something with Max & that 26th pick to get a higher pick plus keep their 13th. I like the idea of getting Beach, but I also like what I hear about Sbisa described as a full package defenseman. In a perfect world, they make a push for a free agent defenseman (Orpik), and maybe resign Teppo for 1 more year so they can throw in a defenseman like Paestch or Lydman in a trade with Max that allows us to move up and still keep our 13th and 26th pick.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 ×

Whats the story on Beach's skill set? Is he just a lug? This years Jim Sandlak? Can He Skate? Stickhandle?

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 ×

I've never seen Beach play but from what I hear and read about him, looking at his stats & size, I'd assume he's like Dustin Brown from the Kings. A guy that hits and scores. I'll never forget the beating Brown gave us last season. Beach is a little bigger though.