Byron in the fold

C/W Paul Byron has signed an entry level contract with the Sabres. Still awaiting official word from the organization, but it appears to be the typical three-year deal. Expect the 5'10, 170-pound Byron to start the 2009-10 season in the AHL with the Portland Pirates.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 ×

Has Paul truly grown a little or are we tinkering with his height and weight? Great talent but it would be nice to have one of these great talents in a 6-2, 215lb frame. As soon as we sign Ellis we'll be able to form the mighty midgets line of Gerbe, Byron and Ellis.

krt88

Saturday, May 30, 2009 ×

I think the 5'10 may be a little generous, but I the 170 is legit. The Sabres want him to get bigger. Let's start by adding more to the chip on his shoulder from everyone telling him how small he is.

Fans are going to love the way he plays with desire. He has the creativity to skate in the NHL so long as his shoulders can absorb what's given to him.

DOUG
Saturday, May 30, 2009 ×

I WATCHED HIM IN THE MEMORIAL CUP LAST YEAR. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 ×

seeing as he is my younger brother... he was majorly injured going into the mem cup last year.. hell so was Giroux. He was one of the most dominant juniors in the country... size or not.. he has been defying the odds for like 10 years... wait as see what he has in store for the NHL.. just wait...

DOUG
Saturday, May 30, 2009 ×

NOBODY WOULD BE HAPPIER THAN THIS SABRE FAN! ALL THE BEST TO PAUL.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 ×

What the hell are they waiting for, there's no coverage or word of this from the Sabres yet!? I think it's all intriguing... a 6th round pick, drafted at 5'7" nearly 140 lbs goes and has two 30+ goal seasons, ends with 99 pts, and signs at 5'10" 170 lbs. Special thanks to brother Byron (anon 12:38). Welcome!

Saturday, May 30, 2009 ×

...pardon me, I meant 5'8"

Sunday, May 31, 2009 ×

Byron Bro Again.. just a lil info.. look up Byron hockey on Youtube. A lil taste of what 135 lbs at 15 yrs old can do against 21 yr olds(in canadian jr "b" you can be overaged at 21 instead of the normal jr 20). Also, we have been told that 5'7 135lbs in a record for smallest player drafted to the NHL. Ever since the draft he has bled Blue and gold. Man this is gonna be one hell of a ride!