Cape Breton screaming Adam

In a deal that will be announced Friday, the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles have acquired C/LW Luke Adam from the Montreal Juniors. The return heading the other way is unknown as of now, but it may very well be the Eagles' first round pick in Saturday's QMJHL Draft (14th overall). Adam, who recently was named an invitee to the Canadian U20 development camp, scored 22 goals last season before missing the final month-and-a-half with a ruptured spleen. Chosen 44th overall in 2008, the Newfoundland native will head east to Nova Scotia to play his final Q season under 2004 Canadian Junior bench boss, Mario Durocher.

Thursday, June 04, 2009 ×

Kris does this move benefit Adam? Where do you see his ceiling?

Thursday, June 04, 2009 ×

I know this is relevant to the topic here but I couldnt find anywhere else to post.....

Most people agree from the poll that we need a big, skilled center. How many of these are there? I would love a skilled center with size. I would also love to marry a supermodel who also enjoy Seinfed and the Wu Tang Clan. Cmon.......

Thursday, June 04, 2009 ×

oops I meant to write irrelevant

Thursday, June 04, 2009 ×

Well imo Luke Adam is that skilled center with size we are looking for

Dave
Thursday, June 04, 2009 ×

Projecting Adam as a winger as a pro.

Thursday, June 04, 2009 ×

12:14 - I think the move will benefit him in regards to him being the go-to guy. I could be wrong, but I think Cape Breton is losing their top-4 scorers from last year. Durocher wants offense and Adam supposedly wants a change of scenery. Should be a good thing.

Saturday, June 06, 2009 ×

Hey all - Those looking for the draft preview: it's coming in the next day or two. I've been a bit bogged down. I appreciate your patience. Thanks

Saturday, June 06, 2009 ×

Thanks Kris. You are our only access to Sabre news lately.

jon
Saturday, June 06, 2009 ×

its like christmas eve for big kids. thanks

Dave
Saturday, June 06, 2009 ×

Bogged down? Uh-oh.

What's her name? ;)

Saturday, June 06, 2009 ×

any word on Buravchikov?

Monday, June 08, 2009 ×

When is v2 coming out you have been saying tommorrow for a while now...

Monday, June 08, 2009 ×

what the hell is going on with orpik sign him!!!!!!

he will sign with the pens if we do not sign him book it

Monday, June 08, 2009 ×

We have til mid-Aug to sign Orpik. The Buffalo-boy will be signed. But the problem I have is with Ennis... No one has mentioned him. I am surprised he wasn't signed. He's gonna be 20, and I don't see the point of another year in Juniors cuz he dominated last year. (Though I'm not anxious to add another 5'9" forward cuz we need to get bigger and tougher pronto)

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 ×

i like ennis but youre right we need a big mean power forward asap(like Orpik or Kassian if we draft him). the only problem i have with Orpik is he going to be a type of player like Kaleta, Mair, or Peters?

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 ×

I think Orpik would be more like Gaustad but fortunately he's a winger, so he'd be a guy that could win battles along the boards like Gaustad did when we had him playing wing.

If you want some great depth at RW though, go out and get Ryane Clowe. (Pommers, Stafford, Clowe, and Kaleta) He's RFA but San Jose's taking calls about him and Marleau. Dream scenario though, we need to drop some dead weight and free up at least Hecht and Tallinder's salary.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 ×

A. Orpik won't be sniffing the NHL.
His upside is probably 3rd/4th line AHL.

jon
Thursday, June 11, 2009 ×

those natives...

Friday, June 12, 2009 ×

WHEN ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO UPDATE THIS SITE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

BGM
Friday, June 12, 2009 ×

Anonymous hostility is anonymous.

Looking forward to the Draft preview, Kris.

Mike
Saturday, June 13, 2009 ×

To anonymous (with anger issues):

Anonymous hostility can be summed up in one word: Coward. You think you can do better than Kris, put the link to your blog up and I will gladly check it out and be a frequent visitor if it is good.

Saturday, June 13, 2009 ×

Right on Mike. Looking forward to write-ups on Sabresprospects Christmas (NHL Draft).

~JP~

Saturday, June 13, 2009 ×

All,
I apologize for the lack of updates to the site, but I was on a business trip all of the past week, and preparing for it the week prior. I'll have this cookin' again shortly.

lotofsnow
Saturday, June 13, 2009 ×

Thanks, Kris. Keep up the good work.

Saturday, June 13, 2009 ×

CAN'T WAIT!

Mike
Saturday, June 13, 2009 ×

Don't worry about it, Kris. You update a lot more frequently then most other sabres' bloggers, including a certain one that touts his great sources and instead writes about the Penguins' cup win.

J-Hawk
Sunday, June 14, 2009 ×

I too am waiting anxiously for your updated draft preview.
Jesse H.

Sunday, June 14, 2009 ×

Who do you think the sabres will draft 13th Ellis, Kassian, Schroeder, or Holland?

Sunday, June 14, 2009 ×

I think maybe Jacob Josefson or move down to get a seccond rd pick

Sunday, June 14, 2009 ×

They better not draft Ellis!!

Sunday, June 14, 2009 ×

why not?

Sunday, June 14, 2009 ×

We don't need a 5'10" puck-moving defenseman for our 1st round pick. We need a meaty forward.

Sunday, June 14, 2009 ×

ill be pissed if they draft a small forward or d man....II want glennie or kassian with that pick those are my 2 favorite possible picks

Sunday, June 14, 2009 ×

That is true kassain a beast but does he have a gold medal with Team Canada i dont think so and glennie some scouts say he may only be good if he has schenn on his line i we dont have anybody like brayden schenn on our team so hit or miss with glennie

Sunday, June 14, 2009 ×

i wouldnt mind kassian but he probably gone early bc hes such a good power forward

Sunday, June 14, 2009 ×

i prefer Peter Holland bc hes a bigger center and we need a good center but we could go right wing wont know til draft day

Dave
Sunday, June 14, 2009 ×

Holland has been falling since early in the season. 13 is too high for him.

Monday, June 15, 2009 ×

so drop back and pick a second and draft him

Monday, June 15, 2009 ×

mynhldraft.com has Sabres with John Moore D USHL Chicago....anybody know him?

doug
Monday, June 15, 2009 ×

i more than anyone want the sabres to get bigger and tougher but i beleive this ellis kid has true moxie and will be a great leader.

John
Monday, June 15, 2009 ×

I had this cool dream last night that Sabres traded up to get Evander Kane... ya see how you influence us Kris!?

Monday, June 15, 2009 ×

if they do that i would be speechless evander kane would be a great additon but hey maybe we can get crosby while we are at it too guys

Monday, June 15, 2009 ×

dont get me wrong i like evander kane i just doubt we are going to get him bc we dont go that high on the draft board unless we are giving that position to start

Anon: 1:06...plz tell me you were joking about crosby

Monday, June 15, 2009 ×

Oh come on, you can't compare the liklihood of trading up in the draft to the liklihood of trading for Crosby. I know trading up like that rarely happens, but you can't rule that out especially when it's time for the Sabres to do something out-of-character and make some changes. Bakes said it himself, either we settle on another 13th overall pick like a Stafford or Zagrapan, or we shoot for a more impactful player for this team's future. If they know they can't get their man at 13th, trade up or get more picks. They need to be active this summer, and I think that includes in the draft.

We were interested in Beach last year, so maybe they try and get Kassian. Other than the lack of knowledge some have of what this team has been drafting and what their current needs are, a lot of mock drafts have us going defense at 13th because all the sure-thing forwards would be off the board, leaving some pretty decent defensemen at 13th. I liked watching Ellis play in the Memorial Cup, but I'd be shocked if they went defense.

Monday, June 15, 2009 ×

I was joking about Crosby just to make a point but Kassian and Kane are going to be some of the grittiest players in this draft but kane is going to be gone in the first 6 pick and Kassian probably going to be gone a pick or two before us unfortunally...who knows what the sabres will do that why i watch the draft because the sabres organization is always full of surprises when it comes to prospects and drafts

Monday, June 15, 2009 ×

Ellis tho is probably the guy bc hes in the range of 13 and is an intriguing prospect and is compared to Rafalski and we always draft defense first and imagine this blue line ellis-myers or ellis-butler uncompareable

Monday, June 15, 2009 ×

i also just realized that taylor doherty has become a ghost maybe the sabres should drop back a spot and get a higher second round pick to get doherty...6'8 defensemen with another 6'8 defensemen would be tough to get by

Monday, June 15, 2009 ×

what do you think kris???

Monday, June 15, 2009 ×

I like Ellis, but that might be a "best player available pick" if we did pick him at 13. When we've been lacking size and grit for the past couple years and haven't been making the playoffs, I think we really need to draft according to need rather than best available. Don't forget Biega will probably be in the picture next year, who's also a leader. I gotta say I did like watching Ellis play though.

I get why Bakes is saying possibly shoot for a trade with LA. They've been picking in the top 10 for a good couple years and they had two 1st rounders last year. That team is loaded with young first round picks.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 ×

"imagine this blue line ellis-myers or ellis-butler uncompareable" Ya I can imagine that blue line and that is why i feel the Sabres would be making a big mistake taking Ellis.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 ×

if we did jump up to 5th and the thrashers took kane...who would we want then cowen or magnus

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 ×

I think the Sabres should watch where Jordan Schroeder falls closely, sure he's not huge but I think he's gonna be a stud. Watch the player profiles on youtube, he looks like a good kid, Kassian kind of seems like an idiot lol.

Craig
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 ×

I like Schroeder...just not on the sabres, we need to draft to our needs and not go out and get the same players we already have...Schroeder=Roy, Ellis just doesnt fit our needs...Glennie is the guy we should go after if we cant move up, Kassian may also be a great option....Hey kris when is the draft update going to be up? thanks

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 ×

Kassian?.........Hmmmmmmmmmm...
Kinda reminds me (from what I've read) of Steve Bernier, Taylor Pyatt, Todd Bertuzzi or even Andrew Peters

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 ×

This "preview" doesn't have much longer before it's a "recap." Throw us a bone, Kris!

Thursday, June 18, 2009 ×

We all know Lindy Ruff loves 2-way forwards, so I wonder if they hold Josefson in high regards.

Thursday, June 18, 2009 ×

I hate to say it but glennie josefson holland and kassian are the guys at 13 but ellis may be the best pick available and will run our pp for years to come plus hes a point machine...if all these guys are available then the sabres have a hell of a decision to make that may change the franchise in a positive or negative way

Thursday, June 18, 2009 ×

who would you guys want a rafalski type player, a selke canidate, or pick your choice of a power forward in holland glennie or kassian? you decide kris

Friday, June 19, 2009 ×

That's why I hate where we are in the draft, cuz the best players available at 13 are gonna be mainly defense.

Friday, June 19, 2009 ×

Like a junkie waiting for his fix, I wait for your draft preview

Friday, June 19, 2009 ×

61 holy shit lol

MajorMinotaur
Friday, June 19, 2009 ×

COME ON MAN. DON'T HOLD OUT ON ME LIKE THIS. (bangs crack machine)

Saturday, June 20, 2009 ×

The wait is worth it as it usually far exceeds what HF boards post's.