Gragnani goes for two in opening loss

The Portland Pirates began their 2009-10 campaign on Saturday with a 5-2 loss to Springfield. Marc-Andre Gragnani scored both goals for the Pirates, while Paul Byron and Dennis Persson had assists. Mike Kostka added six shots on goal from the blueline. Jhonas Enroth made 19 saves in defeat. T.J. Brennan was a healthy scratch. The Rundown: Gragnani: 2G, +2 Byron: 1A Persson: 1A, +1 Kostka: 6 SOG Ennis: +1, 4SOG Turnbull: +1 Gerbe: -1, 5 SOG Gogulla: 1 SOG Weber: -1 Schiestel: -1 Schutz: -1 Mancari: even Whitmore: 3 SOG Enroth: 19 saves, L Brennan: scratch

Sunday, October 04, 2009 ×

how many shots on goal did Schiestel have?

Sunday, October 04, 2009 ×

Shiestel had 2 SOG.

Sunday, October 04, 2009 ×

Do you see a problem with our first pick in 2007 being a healthy scratch because of an overload, or is in not so bad there are 7 d-men in Portland?

Do you wonder if maybe Weber lost some confidence after last season? I know he was injured but he did not have a strong showing this preseason.

I think Myers isn't going anywhere if he plays like he did against Montreal, and I don't like having 8 defensemen at all because our prospects are less likely to get call-ups and get NHL playing time. What do you feel they will do if Myers plays 10 games? Tallinder is in my dog house so I am quick to jump on him. I noticed a play where he didn't clear the zone, a play where they took the puck away from him easilyt and he failed to get it back, and that bad interference penalty. I'm ready to say bye bye to him.

Monday, October 05, 2009 ×

I don't see it as bad that our first pick was a healthy scratch. Its a long season and maybe there was more to the scratch. Way to early to come to any conclusions aobut anyone.

I did not see the buffalo game, how did Myers play?

Monday, October 05, 2009 ×

3rd star of the game, very confident, showed great puck movement when he was under pressure. i'm sure he surprised a lot of the players when they went after him and he easily dilly-dallied away from them. Showed some toughness, got into a scrum after the whistle. No noticeable errors (unlike Tallinder) This is why I think he isn't going anywhere, he's here to stay if he keeps it up. Impressive first game

Monday, October 05, 2009 ×

...solid in his passing too, so was Kennedy - he setup a break away